In Games, Television, Wizards/Witches/Pagans, Zombies on 18 August, 2011 at 1:48 pm
photo courtesy: Comedy Central
It won’t be much longer until gamers everywhere can get their hands on the first Comedy Central branded arcade game,” said Dan Yang, general manager, 345 Games. “We’ve been working hard to infuse ‘Ugly Americans: Apocalypsegeddon‘ with a combination of addicting game play and the comedic sensibilities that has made the show such a success. We feel that we’ve created an original and memorable game play experience.”
According to 345 Games, the video gaming arm of Comedy Central and Spike TV launched earlier this year, the widely anticipated shooter game Ugly Americans: Apocalypsegeddon will be launching for Sony’s PlayStation®Network on 30 August, 2011 and for Xbox LIVE®Arcade on 31 August, 2011. The retail price will be $9.99 or 800 Microsoft Points.
Published by Comedy Central Games and developed by Backbone Entertainment, this hilarious game unites the humor and spirit of the popular animated comedy-horror series Ugly Americans with classic and addictive dual analog shooting gameplay. Ugly Americans: Apocalypsegeddon features four playable characters, each with their own unique abilities, weapons and strengths. Players comb the streets of New York City, trying to pacify or eradicate raving demons, delinquent man birds and zombies by lactating fire or hurling wacky objects from flying demon skulls to fish to wrenches and even baseballs. As players investigate case files from the Department of Integration, they will find themselves battling devastating and distinctive bosses at the end of each mission. Each case brings players one step closer to discovering just who is trying to bring about the end of days!
Ugly Americans: Apocalypsegeddon features all the voice actors from the popular show. In fact, the script was penned by the writers of Ugly Americans and original characters were created by show creator Devin Clark. Ugly Americans airs on Thursdays at 10:30 p.m. on Comedy Central. Check your local listings for station information.
In Games, RP on 22 June, 2011 at 10:20 am
The next chapter in Dungeon Siege the classic role-playing franchise from publisher Square Enix® has arrived. Developed by Obsidian Entertainment®, Dungeon Siege III also marks the first time the popular action-RPG (role-playing game) is available for the Xbox 360® and PlayStation3® entertainment systems as well as Widows PCs.
Screenshot from Dungeon Siege III
In Dungeon Siege III, the delicate balance of power in the kingdom of Ehb has been torn asunder. Players assume the role of one of four heroes, the last remnants of the once-great 10th Legion. Now little more than the disgraced protectors of a kingdom disintegrating into fighting factions, players travel through the land fighting to restore order as:
- Lucas Montbarron – The son of a former Grand Master of the Legion, Lucas is the last of a long and noble line of warriors. Skilled with sword and shield, Lucas can engage the enemy in vast numbers delivering devastating attacks using several two-handed weapons.
- Reinhart Manx - This scholar of arcane magic warps the forces of creation with his will. Not one to stay behind the lines in safety when the battle in joined, Manx often teleports directly into the fray hurling the enemy back with highly destructive attacks.
- Anjali - The Archon legend come to life. Shifting freely between her human and elemental (fire) forms, Anjali possess the skills of both the warrior and the mage. She is something of a mystery as well, having no idea how she came to Ehb, what happened to the others of her kind or even the true extent of her powers.
- Katarina - The daughter of a Legion Commander is also a Lescanzi Witch. Both mischievous and cunning, Katarina prefers ranged combat. When enemies try to close with her, however, she strategically employs powerful magical weapons and a sinister Black Hound.
Dungeon Siege III players can fight to restore the Legion with up to three friends. The robust cooperative AI, allows Dungeon Siege III players to drop in and out of battle seamlessly without interrupting the action or impacting the campaign. The Dungeon Siege III local co-op mode also allows two players to experience the story from start to finish together. Other features include:
- A deep and expansive storyline
- highly customizable characters with a wide range of martial and magical abilities to choose from as well as a near-limitless variety of weapons, armor and magical item combinations to choose from
- Hordes of enemies in beautiful exterior and interior environments
- In-play actions and decisions that have a dynamic and dramatic impact on the Dungeon Siege world and the final story
- Capable of recruiting companions with unique personalities, abilities and world-views
Dungeon Siege III is now available for XBox 360, PlayStation3 and Windows PCs. Dungeon Siege III is rated T (Teen).
In Games on 7 June, 2011 at 10:35 am
“For Xbox, games have always been at the heart of who we are: the world’s biggest blockbusters, enduring stories from the world’s best storytellers and innovative entertainment experiences that you can’t find anywhere else,” said Phil Spencer corporate vice president of Microsoft Studios. “Whether it’s Kinect games like ‘Kinect Star Wars’ and ‘Kinect: Disnyeland Adventures’. or the latest installments of our most acclaimed and anticipated exclusive franchises like ‘Gears of war 3′ and ‘Halo 4′, our existing fans, and new ones alike, will find something here to delight them and their families.”
For preternatural fans, that includes magical journeys, monsters, alien battles and trips into history. Not all of the titles revealed ahead of the e# Expo will be available in 2011, but the previews are sign of some really great games to come for the Microsoft’s Kinect for Xbox 360 gaming system.
Read the rest of this entry »